Pre-Operative Instructions for Sedation Patients
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THESE DIRECTIONS BE FOLLOWED. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF SURGERY.
1. No highly-seasoned or difficult to digest foods the night prior to surgery.
2. Nothing to eat for 6 hours before surgery. Can have clear liquids for up to 2 hours before surgery. No milk, orange juice, or tomato juice.
3. Someone must drive you to the office on the day of your surgery, car and driver must remain at the office while your surgery is performed, and drive you home from the office.
4. If you have been given medication by your medical physician, that you take on a daily basis, you may take it with a small sip of water, unless specific instructions have otherwise been discussed.
5. Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing is suggested.
6 . Please remove contact lenses, make-up, nail polish, earrings, jewelry and barrettes prior to surgery.
7. It is important to have an adult with you for the entire day of surgery.